At our office, we understand that you do not want to spend hours making multiple visits to the dentist. To speed up your treatments and maximize the appearance and function of your restorations, Dr. Shuyuan Julian Yang is pleased to offer CAD/CAM technology. With this innovative process, our doctor can create a variety of dental restorations the same day as your appointment. Contact us today at 973-263-3006 to learn more about CAD/CAM technology in Parsippany, New Jersey.
CAD/CAM stands for Computer-Aided Design/Computer-Aided Manufacturing. This type of technology is becoming increasingly popular, and it is used to create several different types of dental restorations. Some of the most common restorations that CAD/CAM technology can create include fillings, crowns, and veneers. In a short span of time, our dentist can use CAD/CAM technology to create a single-tooth restoration.
To use CAD/CAM during your visit, our doctor will perform the following steps:
- Examine the condition of your teeth to determine what treatment is best
- Remove any decayed material and clean the tooth
- Take a digital image of your mouth, especially the treated tooth
- Use CAD/CAM technology to convert the digital image of your mouth into a 3D image, which can then be used to create a customized restoration
- Design any specifications for your restoration, such as size, color, and shape
- Mill your restoration from a ceramic (tooth-colored) block, resulting in a 100% customized restoration that matches your natural teeth
The doctor can then check to make sure that your restoration fits your smile. Then he will polish it and bond it in place. If you would like to know more about CAD/CAM technology, we invite you to contact our office today. We are always happy to help!